I know this book is so last year, but I’ve just found time to finish it during spring break. I decided I couldn’t bad-mouth a novel before reading it. Based on the popularity, I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I still think it was poorly written, but definitely worth reading for people who like romance novels on the erotic side.
I compiled a list of the best and worst quotes that I came across in the book 50 Shades of Grey by E. L. James.
- “Even though part of my longs for the fabled trembling knees, heart-in-my-mouth, butterflies-in-my-belly moments.”
- “His voice is warm and husky like dark melted chocolate fudge caramel”
- “I try to dismiss the unwelcome image of him without jeans.”
- “But his words…it’s like he’s saying something else entirely.”
- “Vomiting profusely is exhausting”
- “In my groggy frame of mind, he looks yummy”
- “For the first time in my life, I want to go to bed with a man.”
- “And he wants to bite my lip…”
- “What would I have given to be conscious to watch him sleep?”
- “What is the appropriate response to finding out a potential liver is a complete freaky sadist or masochist?”